|| Company: Associated with Hindalco Industries Limited Taloja, Aditya Birla Group|
Presently in charge of shift looking scalper, six Preheating Furnaces one Achenbach two high reversible Hot mill, two 4 Hi non-reversible Cold rolled mill (Canron Davy), four Annealing Furnaces, Tension leveler and five machines of Finishing Lines, and Cranes in responsible Zone.
From July 06 with Hindalco Industries Ltd. as GET and as an Production Engineer from Mar 07
Working as a Shift. Engineer: (Production Dept. of Aluminium rolling mill plant) in M/s. HINDALCO industries Limited, Raigad, Maharashtra (Leading manufacturer and exporter of all grades of CR, coils/sheets as per AA grade. An ISO-9001, ISO-14001, OHSAS - 18001 accredited companies, with turnover of 10000-crores/ annum. Company exports up to 85% of the total yield production around the globe), after completing 9 month of successful training as a Graduate Engineer Trainee since March 2007 for being groomed as future Business Executive.
Job Responsibilities & Major duties involved:
1. Maximizing the productivity by proper planning and by coordinating with mechanical, electrical maintenance for breakdown and for frequently occurring problem at hot mill, two cold mill (Canron, Davy), Finishing line (HVSL, LSL, HSL, LCTL, HCTL) and Tension leveler.
2. Improving productivity of mill by running mill at specified speed according to product, reducing turn around time.
3. Achieving Daily production Target by planning at mill according to finishing line.
1. Monitoring defects at each machine center such as roll mark, grit mark, pinch mark, tearing mark, corrosion, metal sticking, coating etc. according to product and customer requirement by monitoring process parameter, strictly adhering to SOP, modification of SOP if necessary.
2. Reducing WIP by co ordination with planning and R & D.
3. Improving Work roll management and feed back to roll grinder on work roll quality
1. Reduction of cost by planning such that pushing maximum hot load in annealing furnace.
2. Manpower handling of total shift to reduce the cost.
3. Coordinating the overall shift activities.
4. Improving recovery at each machine center.
1. Conducting regular mock drill
2. Ensuring PPE in all area
3. Adherence to permits and safety requirement
4. Corrective action on identified risk
5. Identifying training need regularly
1. Preheating cycles and hot rolling of various alloy such as AA1050, 1235,8011,
2. Cold rolling of various alloy such as AA1050, 1235,8011,3105,3003 and product
such as Lithographic sheet, Closure, Foil stock, Foil, Lamp cap ,Fin stock.
3. Annealing cycles of different type such as Inter annealing, Temper annealing,
Partial annealing for different products such as Lithographic sheet, Closure, Foil stock, Foil, Lamp cap, Fin stock.
4. Monitoring various defect such as roll mark, grit mark, pinch mark, tearing mark, corrosion, metal sticking, coating etc. in HRC and CRC for products such as Lithographic sheet, Closure, Foil stock, Foil, Lamp cap, Fin stock for different customer
5. Monitoring parameters in rolling mill such as entry tension, exit tension, load,
Gauge, shape, speed for different product.
6. On line Surface Inspection by COGNEX (Camera) to detect defects on high quality Lithographic Aluminum sheet.
1. Optimization of preheating cycle time of coal gas fired preheater to achieve good earing value for closure product completed at Hindalco industries Belur Sheet Rolling mill plant.
2. Optimization of parameter affecting earing value to achieve good earing value for closure product completed at Hindalco industries Taloja Sheet Rolling mill plant.
3. Erosion and erosion control in C.F.B.C boiler completed at Hindalco industries Hirakud power plant.
4. Start up of 85 KA Prebake Pot completed at Hindalco industries Hirakud Smelter plant.
5. Synthesis and characterization of Tin dioxide based varistor at National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) Pune.
1. Training at Renukoot plant for 21 days familiarization with Alumina, Reduction and fabrication (rolling mill, extrusion press, properzi mill)
2. Training at Hirakud Power and Smelter for three months; good exposure of power plant and Reduction process.
3. Training at Belur for one month; good exposure of fabrication process. (hot and cold rolling mill)
4. Training at Belgaum for ten days; good exposure of Alumina formation process.